Performs Security Technical / Level 1 IT work for Taurus Holdings, Inc. Handles all cybersecurity needs and will assist in a helpdesk role as needed. Assists the I.T. Supervisor with evaluating system security plans, procedures, reviewing logs, defining system security posture, and develop Plan of Actions and Milestones to correct findings of security non-compliance. Work is performed under general supervision with moderate latitude.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Review all Security/Firewall/AV/AP/ bandwidth logs, patch and update bases on priority.
- Maintain and support the implementation of multi-factor authentication security measures.
- Create SOP documentation for operation of software and end user training.
- Configure firewall rules and improving content filtering, antivirus, and access points to best industry security practices.
- Develop practical and risk based approaches for security control implementation and vulnerability remediation.
- Provide recommendations on implementation strategies and policy recommendations based on industry best practices and governing (NIST) directives.
- Maintain and build individual machines, installing OS, drivers, peripherals and setup of permission.
- Administer desktop computers, printers, switches, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- Analyze and isolate issues and identify user needs by priority thru ticket system.
- Monitor desktop/servers to ensure security and availability to users.
- Support LAN’s WAN’s, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
- Minimal Travel may be required.
High school diploma or GED; supplemented by three (3) or more years’ security monitoring and intrusion detection and help desk support; or an equivalent combination of education, certification, training, and/or experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Certifications in cybersecurity are preferred
- Skill in installing, upgrading, troubleshooting, and repairing computers in a network environment
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Knowledge of antivirus, firewall, and email security software
- Knowledge of operating systems and help desk operations
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Ability to provide service in a courteous, prompt, and efficient manner
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to organize work for timely completion
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
Depending on functional area of assignment, tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort usually involving some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (up to 20 pounds). May involve some climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, walking or standing. Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation and extended periods of time standing and/or walking. Tasks may involve using a powered scissor lift to reach high areas that are normally inaccessible.
Tasks are regularly performed inside and/or outside with potential for exposure to adverse conditions, such as dirt, dust, pollen, odors, fumes and/or poor ventilation, wetness, humidity, rain, temperature, and noise extremes, machinery and/or moving vehicles, vibrations, electric currents, animals/wildlife, toxic/poisonous agents, gases or chemicals, oils and other cutting fluids, violence and/or disease, or pathogenic substances.
Some tasks require manual dexterity, in addition to visual and hearing acuity. Some tasks may involve identifying and distinguishing colors.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between Taurus Holdings, Inc. and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Taurus Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with United States Equal Employment Opportunity guidelines and the Americans with Disabilities Act, Taurus Holdings, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.