Performs senior level purchasing work for Taurus Holdings, Inc. Assists the purchasing agent in coordinating activities involved with procuring goods and services such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, and advertising. Assists in compiling quotes to determine feasibility of goods. Gathers all requested data required to establish price objectives for requested transactions for the company. Work is performed under general supervision with moderate latitude. Position relies on experience and exercises independent judgment to determine the best approach by using and interpreting policies and procedures.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices
- Assists the purchasing agent; reports to purchasing manager.
- Prepares and follows up on purchase orders and/or bid requests.
- Expedites delivery of goods.
- Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, deliveries, and product quality.
- Provides reports to manage purchasing department budgets and inventory levels.
- Expedites delivery of low inventory level items.
- Places orders for approved purchase requests generated by all departments.
- Confers with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Provides materials, components and/or service certificates from vendors to quality control.
- Arranges disposal of surplus materials.
- Maintains MSDS data sheets.
- Assists in managing the stock levels of materials.
High school diploma or GED; supplemented by three (3) or more years’ procurement, inventory control, and sourcing experience; or an equivalent combination of education, certification, training, and/or experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the environmental and safety regulations and laws pertaining to procurement activities.
- Skill in supply management and documentation.
- Skill in the use of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or related governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interests, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments within the department .
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Depending on functional area of assignment, tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (up to 20 pounds). Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation and extended periods of time standing and/or walking.
Tasks are regularly performed inside without potential for exposure to adverse conditions, such as dirt, dust, pollen, odors, fumes and/or poor ventilation, wetness, humidity, rain, temperature and noise extremes, machinery and/or moving vehicles, vibrations, electric currents, animals/wildlife, toxic/poisonous agents, gases or chemicals, oils and other cutting fluids, violence and/or disease, or pathogenic substances.
Some tasks require manual dexterity, in addition to visual and hearing acuity. Some tasks may involve identifying and distinguishing colors.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between Taurus Holdings, Inc. and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Taurus Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with United States Equal Employment Opportunity guidelines and the Americans with Disabilities Act, Taurus Holdings, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.