Responsible for coordinating production material activities. Perform planning and purchasing of firearm parts and materials with thorough knowledge of MRP and PUR processes and how it affects purchasing. Understand the buying and planning process conceptually from a ground up perspective and how it functions outside an ERP system. Articulate and complete a wide range of tasks to meet the needs of the business procurement operations without heavy reliance on systems. Utilize or prepare material requirement planning requirements in accordance with standard operating procedures.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Negotiates with supplier/s for terms of purchase & planning and optimized cost savings for the company.
- Ensures that raw material components are ordered and delivered in a timely manner.
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels as set by materials management.
- Manages excess and slow-moving inventory.
- Works with the engineering department members in support of new product introduction, launches and prototype production builds.
- Expedites purchase orders.
- Processes non-conforming material requests and RMA/RTV requests with supply chain partners.
- Monitors and reports purchase price variances as required.
- Experience in Key Process Indicators (KPI) to control vendor’s deliveries, prices and quality.
- Does production scheduling and Issues manufacture orders in GP 2013 to build pick list.
- Performs administrative tasks such as filing, prepares suppliers and purchasing status written reports, researches and submits change orders, A/P issues and credit memos and assists operations with inventory shortages.
- May need to support Inventory and Materials Management job functions, to include but not limited to cycle counting planning, floor stock inventory replenishment, physical inventory, intra-building inventory transactions, etc.
- Consistently works on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues.
Associate’s degree in supply chain management; bachelor’s degree preferred; supplemented by two (2) or more years’ inventory management and production control experience; or an equivalent combination of education, certification, training, and/or experience. Must be bilingual in English and Spanish.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of MOQ’s Min / Max quantities, lead time and Blanket purchase orders.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of debits and credits.
- Knowledge of excel for pivot tables, charts, macros, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with vendors and colleagues.
- Must be highly detail oriented and have excellent problem solving skills with minimum supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments while ensuring that internal customers are treated with integrity and respect.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, and implement recommendations in support of goals.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Depending on functional area of assignment, tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (up to 20 pounds). Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation and extended periods of time standing and/or walking.
Tasks are regularly performed inside without potential for exposure to adverse conditions, such as dirt, dust, pollen, odors, fumes and/or poor ventilation, wetness, humidity, rain, temperature and noise extremes, machinery and/or moving vehicles, vibrations, electric currents, animals/wildlife, toxic/poisonous agents, gases or chemicals, oils and other cutting fluids, violence and/or disease, or pathogenic substances.
Some tasks require manual dexterity, in addition to visual and hearing acuity. Some tasks may involve identifying and distinguishing colors.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between Taurus Holdings, Inc. and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Taurus Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with United States Equal Employment Opportunity guidelines and the Americans with Disabilities Act, Taurus Holdings, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.