To develop and implement optimal cost/effective manufacturing/assembly processes and methods in accordance with our products specifications and quality standards. Support production process for new products, methods, and controls. Execute process improvements using lean concepts that support performance and cost targets. Develop cost reductions that increase quality. Implement quality improvements consistent with Value Stream objectives. Possess extensive depth of expertise and knowledge in specialized functions or business areas that can be used to develop policies and procedures as well as determining efficient and innovative ways to accomplish the organization’s business strategies.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Lead the plant in the implementation of best practices and lean manufacturing.
- Assist plant management and continuous improvement teams with planning and facilitating strategic plans, kaizen workshops and other lean activities.
- Coach and train associates in lean manufacturing and problem-solving principles.
- Set up new jobs on production machines and assembly areas.
- Create and support all necessary documentation on new and improved process.
- Execute value engineering projects and improve existing products. Investigate and solve problems in cooperation with Quality and Operations departments. Make decisions on the disposition of nonconforming material. Create and maintain production documentation SOP (standard operating procedures).
- Propose, develop, and lead lean/kaizen events in the manufacturing facility.
- Support day-to-day sustaining engineering activities. Complete time studies and maintain production time standards.
- Evaluate production tools, fixtures, and equipment for operational efficiency and ergonomics.
- Manage the development of new production tools, fixtures, and equipment, when required.
- Change out and test tools in machines to reduce tooling price and increase machine efficiency.
- Build production fixtures and inspect gages using CNC and manual machines.
- In partnership with the product engineers, successfully transition programs from development to production, supporting the transition phase of projects from development (Pre-PAR) to production approval.
- Perform financial justification and manage capital projects from inception to completion. Work with the functional managers to create and embrace a culture of lean, continuous improvement and accountability for performance.
- Direct the development of production routings and bills of material for new product. Support new product development activities through manufacturing plans, risk analysis, etc. Estimate production times and related costs to provide information for management decisions. Interact with product engineers on new product development. Interact with vendors to procure equipment and material for new and current processes.
- Support sales with proposals and quotes. Develop the facility engineering business plan by developing and maintaining budget controls on capital equipment projects and requirements.
- Verify drawings, specifications, procedures, and internally generated documents before release.
- Work collaboratively with quality and manufacturing to resolve issues and ensure compliance with company policies, procedures, objectives, customer specifications and applicable codes regarding project design.
- Support new product development and manufacturing with equipment/material development, installation and start-up.
- Recommend and implement alterations and enhancements to improve quality of products, and/or procedures and the output and quality of manufacturing processes.
- Specify and procure new capital equipment in order to meet plant goals for quality, throughput and cost.
- Resolve quality issues related to product and processes using statistical methods.
- Perform as technical leader and resource to co-workers while actively mentoring less senior engineers.
- Ensure a high level of competence and performance within the department.
- Ensure that complete plant drawings exist and are kept up-to-date.
- Support and participate in plant problem solving in mechanical, electrical, and instrument areas as requested by Production/Maintenance.
- Interact with product engineers on new product development. Interact with vendors to procure equipment and material for new and current processes.
- Five years of experience in the manufacturing industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering from an accredited university.
- Experience working with Product engineers, successfully transition programs from development to production, supporting the transition phase of projects from development (Pre-PAR) to production approval.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge and experience in Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD &T), Solid Works, 3D CAD, CNC programs, debugging, Fanuc, Haas, Okuma, manual lathes, HMC, VMC and Multiaxis CNC.
- Experience in directing the development of production routings and bills of material for new products. Support new product development activities through manufacturing plans, risk analyses, etc. Estimate production times and related costs to provide information for management decisions
- Knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office, 3D CAD modeling and Solid Works is required.
- Knowledge of High volume CNC machining fixtures, Machine / Tool Design, Assembly, Metal finishing.
- Knowledge of the methods and procedures involved in manufacturing processes and process improvement.
- Knowledge of Kaizen and lean manufacturing techniques.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Skill in organizational methods and time management.
- Ability to resolve quality issues related to product and processes using statistical methods.
- Ability to originate and develop new systems and processes and manage teams to successfully implement into full production.
- Ability to multi-task, assign, and prioritize assignments within the department.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to use critical thinking skills to arrive at solutions and suggest improvements to processes.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to lead and motivate to achieve goals.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Depending on functional area of assignment, tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (up to 20 pounds). Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or work station and extended periods of time standing and/or walking.
Tasks are regularly performed inside without potential for exposure to adverse conditions, such as dirt, dust, pollen, odors, fumes and/or poor ventilation, wetness, humidity, rain, temperature and noise extremes, machinery and/or moving vehicles, vibrations, electric currents, animals/wildlife, toxic/poisonous agents, gases or chemicals, oils and other cutting fluids, violence and/or disease, or pathogenic substances.
Some tasks require manual dexterity, in addition to visual and hearing acuity. Some tasks may involve identifying and distinguishing colors.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between Taurus Holdings, Inc. and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Taurus Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with United States Equal Employment Opportunity guidelines and the Americans with Disabilities Act, Taurus Holdings, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.