Performs supervisory production planning work for Taurus Holdings, Inc. Plans, schedules, and assists with firearm production by ensuring the availability of raw materials. Position requires an advanced understanding of specific aspects of work supervised and practical application to problems and situations ordinarily encountered. Sets objectives and delivers results with a short-term, operational focus.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Coordinates processing, assembly, packaging, and distribution activities to achieve required production levels in the most cost effective manner
- Reviews processing schedules and methods regarding production orders to make decisions regarding inventory levels, manpower requirements, and work procedures; shifts assignments within budgetary limitations and time constraints
- Reviews operations with technical and engineering staff to resolve production bottlenecks or processing problems
- Develops and implements production tracking and control systems; implements and monitors production standards
- Coordinates and recommends procedures for facility and equipment maintenance or modification, including the replacement of machines
- Coordinates the shipping and receiving of products and firearms with the shipping and receiving department
- Prepares regular production reports
- Initiates, coordinates, and maintains inventory and cost control programs
Associate's Degree in supply chain management; bachelor’s degree preferred; supplemented by two (2) or more years’ inventory management and production control experience; or an equivalent combination of education, certification, training, and/or experience. Must have or be able to obtain a forklift operator’s license.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- Knowledge of the firearm manufacturing industry
- Skill in the use of Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or related governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public
- Ability to analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, and implement recommendations in support of goals
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Ability to multi-task, assign, and prioritize assignments within the department to ensure deadlines are met
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
Depending on functional area of assignment, tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (up to 20 pounds). Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or work station and extended periods of time standing and/or walking.
Tasks are regularly performed inside without potential for exposure to adverse conditions, such as dirt, dust, pollen, odors, fumes and/or poor ventilation, wetness, humidity, rain, temperature and noise extremes, machinery and/or moving vehicles, vibrations, electric currents, animals/wildlife, toxic/poisonous agents, gases or chemicals, oils and other cutting fluids, violence and/or disease, or pathogenic substances.
Some tasks require manual dexterity, in addition to visual and hearing acuity. Some tasks may involve identifying and distinguishing colors.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between Taurus Holdings, Inc. and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Taurus Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with United States Equal Employment Opportunity guidelines and the Americans with Disabilities Act, Taurus Holdings, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.