Manage the financial analysis projects, statistical studies and budget approvals. Responsible for Profit & Loss, forecasting net income, financial planning and modeling. Simplify financial information to benefit the company leadership and decision-making. Provide key financial analysis and management reporting as well as guidance on investment and project decisions. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhered to. Position requires an extensive depth of expertise and knowledge in specialized functions or business areas, as well as determining efficient and innovative ways to accomplish the organization’s business strategies.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Participate as a key thought leader of the finance team, influencing decision making, identifying finance priorities.
- Influence the accuracy and effectiveness of the corporate accounting consolidation and closing process and treasury operations through analytical review and trend analysis.
- Develop and execute processes to allow for routine analytical reviews of company financial and operational performance, leveraging business unit analytical resources and tools.
- Develop, implement and maintain an effective planning and analysis capability which provide appropriate analytical tools to establish goals and measure performance of the Company’s portfolio of businesses.
- Routinely communicate business unit and company consolidated financial and operational performance trends, historical and forecasted, using appropriate metrics; suggest trends, resulting implications, key actions, and strategic implications.
- Coordinate the capital spending review process for the company.
- Lead scenario modeling efforts for the development and growth of the portfolio.
- Lead the strategic aspects of the annual operating plan and budget process for the company
- Supply every operational department with revenue and expense targets and inspire them to stay on task.
- Coordinate capital review meetings, pre-review vetting process and all aspects of formal capital appropriation request (CAR) documentation.
- Support the strategic business planning process.
- Partner with accounting, treasury, tax, auditing as appropriate.
- Review Client P&L, providing recommendation on clients' financial performance requiring corrective action on pricing or operational delivery.
- Draft business plans for new lines of businesses.
- Manage varied departmental reporting.
Bachelor’s degree in finance and accounting; supplemented by ten (10) or more years’ experience in the manufacturing industry; including at least three (3) years of supervisory or management experience; or an equivalent combination of education, certification, training, and/or experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Expert knowledge in drafting & driving budgeting and forecasting activity; skilled in developing financial plans, budgets, models and variance analysis.
- Knowledge of a high degree of strategic and analytical capability, including the ability to analyze large amounts of data.
- Experienced as a “hands-on” finance professional with experience in accounting, financial modeling and strategic planning preferably in the manufacturing industry.
- Experience with identifying & driving opportunities in P&L through the cost/revenue optimization process.
- Strategic skills that provide business insight and support decision-making processes.
- Experience in working closely with different business units and helping them to improve financial performance.
- Expert knowledge & understanding on costing activity including knowledge on cost allocation methodology.
- Ability to lead a project from inception and managing work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work well with a variety of business partners and diverse stakeholders.
- Skilled in Structuring Management Information Systems, reporting & necessary controls in planning activity.
- Expert knowledge in MS Office.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to the board and outside investors.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Ability to lead and motivate to achieve goals.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Depending on functional area of assignment, tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (up to 20 pounds). Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or work station and extended periods of time standing and/or walking.
Tasks are regularly performed inside without potential for exposure to adverse conditions, such as dirt, dust, pollen, odors, fumes and/or poor ventilation, wetness, humidity, rain, temperature and noise extremes, machinery and/or moving vehicles, vibrations, electric currents, animals/wildlife, toxic/poisonous agents, gases or chemicals, oils and other cutting fluids, violence and/or disease, or pathogenic substances.
Some tasks require manual dexterity, in addition to visual and hearing acuity. Some tasks may involve identifying and distinguishing colors.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between Taurus Holdings, Inc. and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Taurus Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with United States Equal Employment Opportunity guidelines and the Americans with Disabilities Act, Taurus Holdings, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.